SMCAA is a state-wide non-profit curriculum and instructional support association. Its mission is to provide support to member school districts for the development, implementation, and evaluation of local curriculum aligned to the Missouri Learning Standards.
We also provide training in instructional leadership, quality instruction and assessment. Funding for the association comes largely from membership. Therefore, when we say, “We are only as strong as our membership,” we really mean
As schools become proficient in the knowledge and use of the Missouri Learning Standards, SMCAA is prepared to continue its dedication to help schools with all curriculum and instructional needs. From clarity in curriculum, quality in instruction and
specifics in assessment, we are your first stop for teaching and learning.
Membership in SMCAA is a district-level membership. Registration is based on district enrollment and gives all district teachers, administrators, and curriculum leaders membership privileges.
Membership in SMCAA provides:
- NEW! Free Attendance for Member District Staff to Quarterly Professional Development Webinars
- A curriculum voice to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- A focus on raising student achievement through curriculum clarity and conceptual teaching and learning.
- A focus on developing assessments that truly measure progress towards a standard along with appropriate scoring guides and rubrics.
- Timely information on curriculum, instruction, and assessment issues
- Opportunities to network with other curriculum professionals in your region/state
- Free attendance for Member District Staff to our Fall, Winter and Spring Regional Meetings.
- Reduced fee for SMCAA statewide Conferences/Symposiums/Bootcamps
- Reduced fees for SMCAA regional area/in-district curriculum trainings and workshops
Curriculum Training in the areas of:
- Rigorous Conceptual Instruction
- Curriculum Design
- Instructional Leadership
- Standards aligned Summative and Formative Assessments
- Levels I and II Curriculum Director Training
- Quality Curriculum Retreats
- Curriculum Design and Review/Audit, and Maintenance
- Quality Observation and Feedback
- Instructional Coaching Development
- Teacher Leadership
- Five Researched Areas of Quality Instruction
Curriculum Services include:
- SMCAA Systemic Approach to Curriculum Development-long term commitment for sustained professional development.
- Build Your Own Curriculum (BYOC) Training
- Onsite Curriculum Program and Management Audits
- Individual District Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Consultation
- Two State-wide Conferences annually that provide access to nationally recognized curriculum, teaching and learning authorities.
- Regional area meetings on current state issues in education and quality instruction
- Phone and webinar conferencing for process and planning
Foundational Curriculum Frameworks in Mathematics and Science
The Foundational Math and Science Curriculum Frameworks will be available to ALL SMCAA member districts as a value-added resource at no extra cost. Each curriculum covers grades Kindergarten – Eight including Algebra and Biology!
SMCAA Membership runs July 1 – June 30 of each year. Your 2022 – 2023 Membership provides you with access to our Member District Only Site which will expire June 30, 2023 at midnight. On July 1, 2023 your primary district contact will receive an email containing your new login credentials for the 2023 - 2024 school year. If your district has not renewed membership by July 1, 2023, your new login credentials will be emailed within 72 hours after your membership has been renewed by electronically submitting the renewal form.
- EMBARC Users must keep SMCAA membership current to qualify for the SMCAA discount for both initial purchase and renewals. Stay current by registering for membership on or before July 1 annually.
- As part of maintaining the SMCAA member discount, multi-year EMBARC subscription districts are responsible for renewing membership annually. Districts may choose to submit membership for the full term of their multi-year subscription by contacting our
office at 573-635-2299.